A wheelchair drawn by reindeer in the hot, Australian summer… of course!
The exhibitionist child of ours shows just how proud he is as he arrives at school dressed for the Christmas festivities that day. Apparently he LOVES having reindeer on his chair and he LOVES having lights on there too.
- Two singing reindeer (hobby horse style) bolted to the front of the chair. When you press their antlers they sing and their nose flashes – I am sure the teachers were thrilled.
- Coloured christmas lights for each wheel $2.99 per set. These run on 2 x AA batteries and are easy to wrap around the wheel rims when you don’t need to self propel.
- Santa Clause wheel covers made from one of those extra large gift bags purchased for $2 from one of the discount stores
- Tinsel trim to ‘up the fancy’ on the wheel rims.
- “model’s own Santa hat” :-)
- Oh, and there were some ‘elf style spats’ on his shoes made from the sleeves of an old green t-shirt and cut with jagged ends.
Then to be sure you completely disrupt the class for the entire day you take in your very large sound activated singing polar bear who channels Elvis with a bit of Tom Jones style dancing thrown in. As it was an entire school “Doing Things Together Day” the bear was a huge hit with all the students as they rotated through his activity task area.
The chair will remain “pimped for Christmas” at Mac’s insistence. He really is quite terrible, he just laps up the attention he gets everywhere he goes.